Solar cookers are simple, low cost and effective. They are basically insulated enclosures with a clear top to allow sunshine to enter. The sunshine is absorbed by both the food and a black surface, heating up the enclosure and cooking the food. Reflectors can be used to increase heating by allowing more sunshine to enter the cooker.
Learn more about solar cookers by following the links below.
- What's cooking? A Comprehensive Look at Solar Cooking
- All About Solar Cookers 1 - The delicious way to save energy and money
- All About Solar Cookers 2 - How Solar Cookers Work
- All About Solar Cookers 3 - Costs: Cooking while reducing summer cooling bills
- All About Solar Cookers 4 - Design of Solar Cookers
- All About Solar Cookers 5 - Solar cooking tips
- All About Solar Cookers 6 - Overcoming fuel shortages in developing nations
- All About Solar Cookers 7 - Making a Solar Panel Cooker