On April 26, the Tucson Solar Potluck will be held in the desert north of Tucson. It is the 32nd straight year for the gathering of solar enthusiasts, a streak that some believe qualifies it as the longest continuously held solar event in the U.S.
2009 Solar and Sustainable Buildings Tours - Fall
Living with the Sun - Arizona Style 2009
Tours of Solar and Sustainable Buildings
The American Solar Energy Society (ASES) National Solar Tour is the world's largest grassroots solar event. This event offers you the opportunity to tour homes and buildings to see how you can use solar energy, energy efficiency, and other sustainable technologies to reduce monthly utility bills and help tackle climate change. More than 150,000 participants will visit some 5,000 buildings in 3,000 communities across the U.S.
Now in its 14th year, this event is coordinated nationally by the nonprofit ASES in collaboration with dozens of partner organizations such as Arizona Solar Energy Association (ASEA). It takes place annually during October in conjunction with National Energy Awareness Month. We invite you to join us at one of the Arizona locations.
- Oct. 1-7, Winslow Solar, Wind and Sustainability Week
- Oct. 2, Masonry Domes Tour (Sedona)
- Oct. 3, Green Valley Tour
- Oct. 15, Intro to Valley of the Sun - Phoenix Metro Tours
- Oct. 17, Flagstaff Solar and Wind Energy Tour
- Oct. 24-25, Valley of the Sun - Phoenix Metro Tours
- Oct. 31-Nov. 1, Tucson Tours