The parable of the frog and boiling water is hundreds of years old. It has been used throughout history as a metaphor for circumstances in life when people are unable to see gradual change around them.
2009 Solar and Sustainable Buildings Tours - Fall
Living with the Sun - Arizona Style 2009
Tours of Solar and Sustainable Buildings
The American Solar Energy Society (ASES) National Solar Tour is the world's largest grassroots solar event. This event offers you the opportunity to tour homes and buildings to see how you can use solar energy, energy efficiency, and other sustainable technologies to reduce monthly utility bills and help tackle climate change. More than 150,000 participants will visit some 5,000 buildings in 3,000 communities across the U.S.
Now in its 14th year, this event is coordinated nationally by the nonprofit ASES in collaboration with dozens of partner organizations such as Arizona Solar Energy Association (ASEA). It takes place annually during October in conjunction with National Energy Awareness Month. We invite you to join us at one of the Arizona locations.
- Oct. 1-7, Winslow Solar, Wind and Sustainability Week
- Oct. 2, Masonry Domes Tour (Sedona)
- Oct. 3, Green Valley Tour
- Oct. 15, Intro to Valley of the Sun - Phoenix Metro Tours
- Oct. 17, Flagstaff Solar and Wind Energy Tour
- Oct. 24-25, Valley of the Sun - Phoenix Metro Tours
- Oct. 31-Nov. 1, Tucson Tours