“A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.” --Winston Churchill
- Were these the good old days? - Blog by Jim Arwood (Nov. 26)
- Most recent blogs by Jim Arwood:
- There is No Plan(et) B - (Oct. 29, 2016)
- High Noon (Oct. 15, 2016)
- We are all frogs (Sept. 24, 2016)
- The Politics of Climate Change (Sept. 10, 2016)
- Most recent guest blog:
- Superseding Sustainability (May 21, 2016) by Jen Baker
- New comprehensive course in Photovoltaic Technology at EVIT in Mesa, AZ!
- Powering Tomorrow - Phase 2 (2016) - collaborative report initiated by former state utility commissioners
New Approach Aims to Slash Cost of Solar CellsWritten by National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL)
Solar-powered electricity prices could soon approach those of power from coal or natural gas thanks to collaborative research with solar start-up Ampulse Corporation at the U.S. Department of Energy's (DOE) National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL). Silicon wafers account for almost half the cost of today's solar photovoltaic (PV) panels, so reducing or eliminating wafer costs is essential to bringing prices down.