Sustainability is a broad term that addresses three fundamental principles: economic strength, environmental stewardship, and social equity.
- Superseding Sustainability - Guest Blog by Jen Baker (May 21)
- New comprehensive course in Photovoltaic Technology at EVIT in Mesa, AZ!
- Powering Tomorrow - Phase 2 (2016) - collaborative report initiated by former state utility commissioners
- Recent AzSC blogs by Jim Arwood:
- A Burning Issue (Apr. 23, 2016)
- Earth Day: Education at its roots (Apr. 16, 2016)
- The Promise of Solar (Mar. 26, 2016)
- Other recent guest blogs:
New Approach Aims to Slash Cost of Solar CellsWritten by National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL)
Solar-powered electricity prices could soon approach those of power from coal or natural gas thanks to collaborative research with solar start-up Ampulse Corporation at the U.S. Department of Energy's (DOE) National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL). Silicon wafers account for almost half the cost of today's solar photovoltaic (PV) panels, so reducing or eliminating wafer costs is essential to bringing prices down.