Frederick Buechner wrote that there is a time for looking back over the past "and trying to figure out where we have come from and where we are going to."
- May 24 Blog - Jim Arwood - The Times They Are A-Changin’
- Other recent blogs:
- APS Announcements for end of year 2014 (Dec. 23, 2014)
- Consider donating to AzSC for a more effective website
- SRP Solar Incentive Levels Announced for Fiscal Year 2015
- The Sun Day Blog by Jim Arwood on net metering hearings in November 2013: The Decision
New Approach Aims to Slash Cost of Solar CellsWritten by National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL)
Solar-powered electricity prices could soon approach those of power from coal or natural gas thanks to collaborative research with solar start-up Ampulse Corporation at the U.S. Department of Energy's (DOE) National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL). Silicon wafers account for almost half the cost of today's solar photovoltaic (PV) panels, so reducing or eliminating wafer costs is essential to bringing prices down.