Carbon targets aren't anything new. States and local governments have set targets for reducing carbon pollution going back more than a decade.
- August 9 Blog by Jim Arwood - An Energy Transition is Already Underway
- Other recent blogs:
- APS Announcements for end of year 2014 (Dec. 23, 2014)
- Consider donating to AzSC for a more effective website
- SRP Solar Incentive Levels Announced for Fiscal Year 2015
- The Sun Day Blog by Jim Arwood on net metering hearings in November 2013: The Decision
New Approach Aims to Slash Cost of Solar CellsWritten by National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL)
Solar-powered electricity prices could soon approach those of power from coal or natural gas thanks to collaborative research with solar start-up Ampulse Corporation at the U.S. Department of Energy's (DOE) National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL). Silicon wafers account for almost half the cost of today's solar photovoltaic (PV) panels, so reducing or eliminating wafer costs is essential to bringing prices down.