In 2008, Americans across the country voted for change. That change included transforming our century-old dependence on fossil fuels. Central to this makeover was the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA).
- Oct. 18 Blog - Jim Arwood: The Politicization of ARRA
- Oct. 25 - Tucson Solar Tour
- Governor's Solar & Renewable Energy Month Proclamation and National Solar Tours intro
- Other recent blogs:
- Consider donating to AzSC for a more effective website
- Legislative Tracker for topics related to solar in Arizona (latest session ended April 23rd).
- SRP Solar Incentive Levels Announced for Fiscal Year 2015
- The Sun Day Blog by Jim Arwood on net metering hearings in November 2013: The Decision
New Approach Aims to Slash Cost of Solar CellsWritten by National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL)
Solar-powered electricity prices could soon approach those of power from coal or natural gas thanks to collaborative research with solar start-up Ampulse Corporation at the U.S. Department of Energy's (DOE) National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL). Silicon wafers account for almost half the cost of today's solar photovoltaic (PV) panels, so reducing or eliminating wafer costs is essential to bringing prices down.