Whatever happened to Arizona’s support for policies to protect our environment? Where has our sense of environmental responsibility gone?
- An erosion of principled responsibility - Blog by Jim Arwood (June 18)
- Recent AzSC blogs by Jim Arwood:
- A Burning Issue (Apr. 23, 2016)
- Earth Day: Education at its roots (Apr. 16, 2016)
- The Promise of Solar (Mar. 26, 2016)
- Other recent guest blogs:
- Superseding Sustainability (May 21, 2016) by Jen Baker
- Papercrete breaks the mold (Mar. 19, 2016) by Jen Baker
- New comprehensive course in Photovoltaic Technology at EVIT in Mesa, AZ!
- Powering Tomorrow - Phase 2 (2016) - collaborative report initiated by former state utility commissioners
New Approach Aims to Slash Cost of Solar CellsWritten by National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL)
Solar-powered electricity prices could soon approach those of power from coal or natural gas thanks to collaborative research with solar start-up Ampulse Corporation at the U.S. Department of Energy's (DOE) National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL). Silicon wafers account for almost half the cost of today's solar photovoltaic (PV) panels, so reducing or eliminating wafer costs is essential to bringing prices down.