This year the Tucson Solar Potluck will be celebrating the art of solar cooking for the 34th consecutive year with a gathering of solar chefs at Catalina State Park on April 30.
- A Burning Issue - Blog by Jim Arwood (Apr. 23)
- New comprehensive course in Photovoltaic Technology at EVIT starting this month!
- Powering Tomorrow - Phase 2 (2016) - collaborative report initiated by former state utility commissioners
- Recent AzSC blogs by Jim Arwood:
- Earth Day: Education at its roots (Apr. 16, 2016)
- The Promise of Solar (Mar. 26, 2016)
- The Energy Story of the 21st Century (Feb. 20, 2016)
- Other recent guest blogs:
New Approach Aims to Slash Cost of Solar CellsWritten by National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL)
Solar-powered electricity prices could soon approach those of power from coal or natural gas thanks to collaborative research with solar start-up Ampulse Corporation at the U.S. Department of Energy's (DOE) National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL). Silicon wafers account for almost half the cost of today's solar photovoltaic (PV) panels, so reducing or eliminating wafer costs is essential to bringing prices down.