Salt River Project management has proposed dramatic changes to its residential electricity rates that carry significant impacts for its more than 12,000 rooftop solar customers.
- Jan. 17 Blog - Jim Arwood - M-m-m-my Generation
- Other recent blogs:
- The Clean Energy Story of 2014: There is No Planet B (Jan. 3, 2015)
- Year in Review - 2014 (Dec. 28, 2014)
- Partial Eclipse of the Sun: The Good Solar vs Bad Solar Conflict (Dec. 13, 2014)
- APS Announcements for end of year 2014 (Dec. 23, 2014)
- Consider donating to AzSC for a more effective website
- Legislative Tracker for topics related to solar in Arizona (latest session ended April 23rd).
- SRP Solar Incentive Levels Announced for Fiscal Year 2015
- The Sun Day Blog by Jim Arwood on net metering hearings in November 2013: The Decision
New Approach Aims to Slash Cost of Solar CellsWritten by National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL)
Solar-powered electricity prices could soon approach those of power from coal or natural gas thanks to collaborative research with solar start-up Ampulse Corporation at the U.S. Department of Energy's (DOE) National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL). Silicon wafers account for almost half the cost of today's solar photovoltaic (PV) panels, so reducing or eliminating wafer costs is essential to bringing prices down.