Living With the Sun Tour of Solar and Sustainable Buildings, Presented by
Arizona Solar Energy Association - Tours will occur each weekend in
- Tour Date: Saturday, October 1
- Tour Description:
- Tour Maps:
- For More Information: contact Joe Costion, Arizona Solar Energy Association Regional Director
- email@example.com or Ed Dunn,
Tour Coordinator - firstname.lastname@example.org
Solar Homes Tour (top)
- Tour Date: Saturday, October 8
- Tour Description:
- Tour Maps:
- For more information, contact:
Phoenix/Valley of the
Sun Metropolitan Area (top)
- Tour Date: Saturday, October 22
- Time: 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Tour Description: A variety of buildings and sites from north Scottsdale to Chandler, including the APS STAR Center, the Fuller
paper-crete demonstration construction, an artist's Green remodel and the solar/hydrogen house among
others. Click here for for printable maps and tour information.
- Tour Maps: Maps and guide information can be picked up at the APS STAR Center in Tempe
(1500 E. University Drive) and the Orange Table Cafe adjacent to the Scottsdale Center for the
Arts. Click here for for printable maps and tour information.
- Cost: Free, self guided
- For More Information: contact: Daniel Peter Aiello,
Arizona Solar Energy Association - email@example.com or
- Hosts/Sponsors: The Rio Salado Chapter of the Arizona Solar Energy Association (State chapter of the American Solar Energy Society), the Arizona Solar Center, with sponsorship of the City of Scottsdale Green Building Program.
- Tour Date: Saturday, October 29
- Time: 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. (Homes
split into two timeslots: 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. - 4:00
- Tour Description: Tour six homes in
the Sedona/Verde Valley area, visit in any order you wish
- Printable Tour Maps/Information Here:
tour brochure (large file - 1MB)
- Individual homes (cover
sheet | Home
#1 | Home #2 | Home
#3 | Home #4 | Home
#5 | Home #6)
- Tour Map/Information Pickup Locations:
- Sedona, New
Frontiers (1420 W Highway 89A), after 10/26
- Cottonwood, Mount
Hope Foods (853 S Main St.), after 10/26
- Cost: Free
- For More Information: contact Bill Buckner Arizona Solar Energy Association
(ASEA) Sedona Chapter Chair,
- Hosts/Sponsors: Arizona Solar
Energy Association (ASEA) Sedona/Verde Valley Chapter
Tucson - 10th Annual Tucson Innovative Home Tour & Solar Tour
- Tour Date(s): Saturday/Sunday,
- Time: Saturday - 9:00 -
4:00 p.m., and Sunday - 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Tour Description: 10th Anniversary Special - 10th Annual Tucson Innovative Home Tour & Solar Tour. Self-guided tour of over 20 homes, and eco- and co-housing communities, and exceptional solar installations around Tucson.
Different homes each day.
- Tour Maps: Maps/tour tickets
available starting Friday, October 21, at locations all over Tucson, including some easily accessible early for those coming from out of town.
- Cost: $10 individual or
family, bring a friend for $5. Ticket good for both days.
- For More Information: visit
the Solar Institute on-line, via Email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or
by phone (520) 792-6579.
- Hosts/Sponsors: An annual public service of the Solar Institute in partnership with dozens of community nonprofit organizations and educational institutions, as well as the City of Tucson, Pima County, the State of Arizona and the American Solar Energy Society.